Please feel free to add your comments and share your stories about Piatt Castles. Whether you visited when you were a child, gave tours when you were in high school, were married on the grounds, or had any other experience here we'd love to hear how Piatt Castles has played a role in your life. All of your stories together make up our story.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Multi-tasking

It seems to be a commonly held belief that technological advancements over the past decades have encouraged us to do more with our limited time. For example, I'm writing this post on my phone in the 10 minutes before a class.
Regardless of the technology of the day, multi-tasking has always been a major part of life at Piatt Castles. I work on the website and design t-shirts in between the classes I'm taking toward my Master's degree. My mother, Margaret runs the Theatre department at Urbana University while running the programming and operations at the Castles. My Grandmother taught high school while working at the Castles. My Grandfather's aunts Bertie and Marguerite ran a farm and the Castle while raising their young nephews and bringing the family through the Great Depression.
Like most families Piatts have a wide range of interests, and the aggregation of those interests and the multiple careers that have supplemented work at Piatt Castles over the past several generations make the stories we tell particularly interesting. I feel that every topic is best examined from a wide variety of perspectives, and at the Castles we look at the history of the buildings through the eyes of parents, children, educators, students, farmers, soldiers, business people, visitors, and more. You can help us to examine these stories by adding your own unique perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment